ABOUT STUDENTS FOR GLOBAL PEACEBUILDING
Students for Global Peacebuilding (SGP) promotes citizen education, action, and research about peacebuilding initiatives around the world. It engages communities on and off campus to enhance the role of citizen peacebuilding locally and globally. It conducts training workshops and organizes service learning.
Who We Are
SGP is a student club affiliated with UCI’s Center for Citizen Peacebuilding (peacebuilding.uci.edu) in the School of Social Sciences. It works in partnership with other campus and student organizations. We invite all students to join us from every background and academic program.
What We Do
- Organize at UCI with the Center for Citizen Peacebuilding an annual Peace and Justice Week.
- Educate members and others about issues in communities experiencing conflict, about the theories and practices of dispute resolution, nonviolent action, and peacebuilding, locally and globally.
- Engage in service learning in communities and organizations with peacebuilding initiatives.
- Share with the campus and off campus community what we learn.
- Conduct training workshops in conflict resolution, nonviolent action, interfaith and other types of dialogue, civic and community engagement.
- Facilitate periodically open forums of the UCI campus community.
- Provide resources on career opportunities in peacebuilding.